Spicy Butternut Squash Soup *Vegan*
Additional Items Needed:
- 3 Cups Fresh Butternut Squash, cubed
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil or Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, grated
- ½ Cup Celery, chopped
- ½ Cup Carrot, grated
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp. Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Almond or Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 2 Qt. Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Food Processor or Blender
- Plastic Wrap or Microwave-Safe Cover
In the 2 qt. microwave-safe bowl add the olive oil or butter, cubed squash, onion, carrot, celery, ginger, salt and pepper.
Place in microwave. Enter code. Press start.
When prompted by the microwave to "Follow package instructions", add the vegetable stock, nut butter, honey, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and cumin.
Cover with plastic wrap or lid.
Ladel hot soup into the food processor/blender and blend until smooth. Do this in small batches.
Caution! The dish will be hot.
When using a blender be sure lid is secure.
Use a thermometer to confirm that microwave foods have cooked to safe temperatures of greater than 160º F