Ratatouille *Vegan* *Gluten-Free*
Additional Items Needed:
- 1 Large Chinese Eggplant sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 Medium Yellow Squash, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 Medium Zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme, chopped
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- ½ Tsp. Pepper
- 8x8 Baking Dish
- Microwave Safe Plastic Wrap
In the 8x8 baking dish mix together the crushed tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt & 1/4 tsp. of pepper and evenly spread along the bottom of the dish.
Layer the zucchini, squash, and eggplant alternating types in 4 rows which are slightly angled up on both the sides and at the end.
Make another layer slightly overlapping the previous one.
Add the red bell pepper and thyme on top.
Evenly sprinkle 1/4 tsp. of salt & 1/4 tsp. of pepper over the whole dish.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in microwave.
Caution! The dish will be hot.
You can substitute 2 medium Italian eggplants for the 1 large Chinese eggplant.
Feel free to adjust the amount of garlic, thyme, salt or pepper. The measurements serve as guidance for the basic recipe. Please adjust to taste.
Use a thermometer to confirm that microwave foods have cooked to safe temperatures of greater than 160º F